The 744-year-old singer SP Balasubramaniam, who has been battling corona infection since August 5, has been out. He died after a long battle with Corona. Ball was known as the voice of Salman Khan in Bollywood.
He has sung multiple songs of Salman for almost a decade. He won the Filmfare Best Male Playback Singer Award for his song Main Pyaar Kiar Dil Diwana.
At the same time, I sang Didi Tera Dewar Diwana with Lata Mangeshkar in Hum Aapne Hai Kaune is still on the tongues of the listeners. Just as Kishore Kumar was once considered the voice of Rajesh Khanna, Bala Salman gained a lot of fame in Bollywood by being the voice of Salman. Let’s find out some facts about Bala’s life.
- Balasubrahmanya was born on 4 June 1944 in the city of Nellore in Andhra Pradesh. On December 15, 1966, he made his debut as a playback singer with the Telugu film Sri Sri Sri Meriada Ramna.
- In 1960, SP gained international recognition from the film Sangharanam. She received her first national award for singing in this film.
- In 1969, Bala got a chance to record his first Tamil music Irakai Enamum Ilya Kanni. Tamil superstar Gemini Ganesha was seen in this film.
- Later, Bala South star got a chance to sing in MGR’s film Iram Nilave Wate, in which Jayalalithaa was also present in the lead role. But unfortunately Bala got typhoid before the recording. Although he was disappointed, MGR did not back down. He decided to give the SP a chance and shoot until the SP recovered from the typhoid. The song was recorded after his recovery which was shot in Jaipur.
- He has sung nearly 40,000 songs in Telugu, Tamil, Kannada, Hindi and Malayalam in his 50-year music career.
- SP sang 21 songs by Kannada composer Upendra Kumar in 12 hours. For this reason, his name is also recorded in the Guinness Book of World Records. At one time, SPs recorded 1–1 songs a day in several languages. Several times he sang for 17 consecutive hours.
- Balasubramaniam first worked with AR Rahman in 1992. Bala sang for three editions of this film. The two then worked together on several films.
- In addition to singing, Bala has worked as a music director in more than 40 films in Tamil, Telugu, Kannada and Hindi.
He has taken a break from singing for acting
- In the nineties, when Bala became Salman’s voice on the silver screen, he took a break from his singing career because he wanted to try his hand at acting full time. He has since acted in about 722 films in Tamil, Telugu and Kannada.
- After a break of 15 years, Bala sang the title track of Chennai Express as a singer in 2013, which was filmed on Shah Rukh Khan.
- In 2011, he was awarded the Padma Bhushan.