5 days ago
- Copy the link
Rakul Preet Singh had filed an application in the Delhi High Court last month seeking stay of the ongoing media trial against him in the drug angle probe into Sushant Singh Rajput’s death. The National Broadcasting Corporation (NBA) has asked the Delhi High Court to respond within three weeks.
Asked for time on behalf of the NBA
After the arrest of Riya Chakraborty, Rakul’s name came up in the investigation. On September 25, Rakul Preet Singh was interrogated by the Bureau of Narcotics Control. After which several news items about Rakul and Riya’s friendship were published in the media. The NBA says it needs 21 days to gather information on the case from 10 news channels. The Delhi High Court has also asked the Broadcast Standards Authority to respond to the case within two weeks.
Allegations of harassment in the media
Rakul Preet Singh also said in his plea that Riya had named him and Sara Ali Khan during the shooting. The court issued notices to the central government, Prasar Bharati, the Press Council of India, the National Broadcasting Corporation and the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting. Rakul Preet’s lawyer also said that the media is harming the actress.
The hearing will be held on December 11
On the advice of Rakul Preet Singh, it was said that the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting has not yet taken any action, where he was asked to do so at the last hearing. He added that the Press Council has its own advisers, which are not being followed. Meanwhile, Rakul Preet Singh’s lawyer has also been asked to file an affidavit in the court. The next hearing of the application will be held on 11 December.