42 minutes ago
- Copy the link
Home Minister Amit Shah says the matter would have been settled if the Maharashtra government had already handed over the case of Sushant Singh Rajput to the CBI. In fact, he interviewed G-News editor-in-chief Sudhir Chowdhury. Chowdhury was asked whether the incident of Sushant’s death would become an issue in the Bihar elections and whether people would vote for it.
‘The media has exaggerated it too’
Amit Shah replied: Maybe some people vote on this too but there were a lot of hurdles and I wonder why the Maharashtra government did not give it to the CBI earlier. The country’s highest court, the Supreme Court, had to decide on the matter. The word grew bigger. If Sushant’s family had had a claim and had already handed over the case to the CBI, it would have ended there. Well, the media has overpowered it too.
‘I gave no instructions to anyone’
When Shah was asked if the NCB (Bureau of Narcotics Control), CBI and AIIMS were under him, did he give any instructions to anyone? In reply he said- There is no question of me giving instructions. All entities are being investigated individually. Neutral should be checked.
The Government of India, at least the Narendra Modi Government, does not believe that we are giving any political direction in the investigation of the agency. We just said the truth, put it in public and before the court.
Sushant died on 14 June
On June 14, Sushant’s body was found hanging from a ceiling fan in a rented house in Mumbai. On July 25, after filing an FIR in Patna, Sushant’s father KK Singh requested the Bihar government to investigate the case with the CBI. The Maharashtra government objected, saying the matter later reached the Supreme Court. On August 19, the Supreme Court handed over the investigation of the case to the CBI.